Marathon Financial, one of the most trusted alternative finance businesses in America provides B2B businesses creative financing and is excited to offer a 2017 scholarship program aimed at students whose area of study focuses on Business, Finance and Accounting and related fields. We are committed to providing awareness and available career options to the brightest students in America supporting creative business to business finance options.
• Total Scholarship Award amount of $1500.00 – $500 per semester will be awarded to one student each semester. Total scholarship awards of $1,500.00
• Award amount will be made out to the winner’s school in the form of a check, and mailed to the winner’s personal address.
Submit a brief essay of between 500 to 800 words, detailing the benefits of factoring / accounts receivable financing and explain how making this finance option to start ups and fast growing companies could be to their benefit.. Feel free to use an actual company to explain your position. We want to know why traditional banks are not always the best finance path forward.
• Complete all required sections of our application form below.
• Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
• Copy of your most recent transcripts.
• Some verification of enrollment at your college.
• Your Essay.
• U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
• Enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the United States for completion of undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
• Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
• The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including following.
• It does not exceed your expenses;
• It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board), and does not require (by its terms) that it cannot be used for qualified education expense; and
• It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
• You must be a Candidate for a Degree. You are a Candidate for a Degree if:
• Attend a primary or secondary school or are pursuing a degree at a college or university, or
• Attend an educational institution that:
• Provides a program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation; and
• Is authorized under federal or state law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency
• Eligible educational institution. An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.
• Qualified education expenses. For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
• Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and
• Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
• Qualified education expenses do not include the cost of:
• Room and board, Travel, Research, Clerical help, or Equipment and other expenses that are not required for enrollment in or attendance at an eligible educational institution
• Winners will be notified via email, and on our official Logistics Scholarship homepage at (Marathonline.com/scholarship/)
• Recipients must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax benefits of the scholarship
DISCLAIMER: Marathon Financial and any related subsidiaries will not re-use, forward, or share the personal information of applicants in any way—all information submitted through the form available on this page or any alternative forms of entry are to be kept strictly confidential and used solely for the purpose of determining a winner.
Marathon Scholarship 2017
Please complete all of the information below, along with all attachments requested. All Applications that are incomplete will be disqualified. See content rules for complete details and requirements. All applications must be complete and submitted by the deadline December, 15 2017. **Please send the following to email@example.com to be considered for entry:
Your Full Name:
Address (Check will be mailed to listed address if you win):
Date of Birth:
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen Permanent Resident (Contest only open to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents)
College: (Must be an accredited 4-year degree institution located in USA)
Enrolled Status (Freshman, Sophomore, etc):
Please Attach the Following Documents Note: All documents must be attached to this application form. If a document is left off the application will be recognized as incomplete and will not be considered.
• Current Transcript (A minimum GPA 2.5 required for consideration)
• Verification of Enrollment (Letter from school verifying enrollment)